Sr IT Auditor (Requisition Number: 267354)
To apply: Sr IT Auditor_267354
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
We are looking for a strong IT Auditor to join our team charged with auditing Information Technology (IT) in the Federal Reserve System (System). In addition, you will lead, plan, conduct, and document reviews of large-scale programs and projects as well as point in time audits and provide consultation and/or life cycle review.
Our audit objectives are to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of operational, IT and program/project management controls over:
- financial reporting,
- effectiveness and efficiency of operations, and
- compliance with applicable laws, regulations and IT Standards.
- Plus provide consultation and/or life cycle review and monitoring of programs and projects.
As the IT Auditor you will:
- Complete annual business profile risk assessments for the Bank's IT functions.
- Perform audit work, including planning, conducting, documenting, and reporting results.
- Serve as a knowledge source for multiple Bank operations or functions by serving in the role of audit liaison.
- Serve in the role of AIC to lead audits of moderate to moderately high risk and complexity.
- Create various testing methods to evaluate adequacy of controls.
- Identify operational improvement needs and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to coach junior audit staff and provide limited performance feedback.
- Participate in System or other District audits or System workgroups.
- Perform follow-up activity on issues reported by Audit and external parties.
- Provide input to the department's annual audit plan.
Qualifications as a successful candidate, you will have:
- 5+ years of auditing experience in the IT space
- Bachelor's degree (IT related field preferred) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to prepare clear, persuasive documents (work papers, observations, and reports) for management review with minimal revisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational and business concepts and risk (including fraud) assessment practices.
- knowledge of internal control systems applicable to Bank operations and functions.
- analytical/critical thinking skill and ability to apply sound judgment when making decisions related to businesses of moderate to moderately high complexity.
- knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditor's International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF); and the Committee on Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) internal control and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) risk assessment and IT Control frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrates ability to establish collaborative team and client relationships to include negotiation and influencing skills.
- Validated ability to conduct meetings and interact effectively with Audit management and all levels of Bank management.
- Demonstrates the ability to flowchart operational processes, identify key control points, and develop applicable audit procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other computer-assisted auditing software products.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder with the intent to become a US Citizen upon eligibility date.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our people proudly reflect the diversity and ideas of the communities we serve.