Internal IT Auditor, Principal
Oakland, CA, United States and 3 more
Leads and manages information technology audits and advisory engagements. Assesses the design and effectiveness of internal controls for systems, networks, and applications in accordance with laws, regulations, policies, standards, and procedures using established tools and techniques. Prepares and delivers reports and presentations to various levels of management. Provides post-audit reviews of information technology to assist management in developing solutions and mitigating risks.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with management and colleagues to execute advisory engagements and broad risk assessments based on various frameworks and standards including NIST, COBIT, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS
- Provide expertise in internal controls including project management and information technology
- Implement strategic goals established by Internal Audit Services leadership
- Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards and/or operational plans that impact Internal Audit Services
- Proactively improve upon existing processes and systems using significant conceptualizing, reasoning, and interpretation
- Conduct extensive investigation and critical thinking to understand root causes of problems that span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across functions and/or businesses
- Provide guidance, coaching, and training to other employees across the company
- Manage large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization, involving large cross-functional teams
- May direct the work of other individual contributors and/or act as a cross-functional team lead
Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a college degree or equivalent experience and
- Required minimum of 7 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization
- Extensive understanding of internal controls and the ability to leverage this knowledge to make effective audit and advisory recommendations
- Internal audit and risk assessment practices and methodologies
- IT general and automated technical controls concepts
- Information security frameworks and standards
- Data analysis techniques, including security log analysis
- Major information security applications, practices, and techniques
- Major operating systems, infrastructure platforms, and network protocols
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) preferred
At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in , Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM
Blue Shield of California’s mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. We are transforming health care in a way that truly serves our nonprofit mission by lowering costs, improving quality, and enhancing the member and physician experience.
To fulfill our mission, we must ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and fully contribute to meet the needs of the multifaceted communities we serve. Our comprehensive approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion combines a focus on our people, processes, and systems with a deep commitment to promoting social justice and health equity through our products, business practices, and presence as a corporate citizen.
Blue Shield has received awards and recognition for being a certified Great Place to Work, best place to work for LGBTQ equality, leading disability employer, one of the best companies for women to advance, Bay Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we are striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in – join us!
- Honest. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and integrity standards. We build trust by doing what we say we're going to do and by acknowledging and correcting where we fall short.
- Human. We strive to be our authentic selves, listening and communicating effectively, and showing empathy towards others by walking in their shoes.
- Courageous. We stand up for what we believe in and are committed to the hard work necessary to achieve our ambitious goals.
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Due to the current public health emergency in California, Blue Shield employees are almost all working remotely. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
From the earliest days of the pandemic, Blue Shield of California has been unyielding in our commitment to putting the health and safety of our people, our members and our communities first. As a health care company, Blue Shield requires all employees to be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination prior to start date as a condition of employment. Blue Shield will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement prior to your start date.
The definition of "up to date with your COVID-19 vaccine" is when you have received all doses in the primary series and one booster when eligible. If you are unable to be up to date with your COVID-19 vaccine by your start date, your start date will need to be postponed and you will have 30 days to remedy. If you cannot fulfill the requirement nor obtain an accommodation within 30 days, your offer will be rescinded.
Apply Now Internal IT Auditor, Principal - BSC Careers (oraclecloud.com)
BE THE FIRST TO APPLY
- Job Identification 20220795
- Job Category Finance and Accounting
- Posting Date 01/30/2023, 01:06 PM
- Locations Oakland - Twelfth