Last Updated: 14 March 2021
This ISACA Singapore Chapter® data protection notice (“Data Protection Notice”) describes how the Information System Audit and Control Association Singapore Chapter. (“ISACASG”, “we” or “us”) collects, uses, shares, and retains personal information that you provide to us, or that we collect, when you use the ISACA website located at www.isaca.org and other websites owned or controlled by ISACA (the “Sites”) or related mobile applications, use ISACA products and services and complete related forms, participate in ISACA events, or communicate with one of our customer service representatives (“Personal Data”).
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE FOR MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which ISACA Singapore Chapter (“we, “us” or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our prospective members, members, members' authorized representative, volunteers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organizations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about an individual (whether a prospective member, members, members' authorized representative, volunteers or otherwise) who can be identified: (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include name, identification numbers such as nric, fin, work permit and birth certificate, contact information such as a residential address, email addresses or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information and financial information such as credit card numbers, debit card numbers or bank account information.
- Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”) after (i) you (or your authorized representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorized representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose that has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorized by law).
We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
- establishing or managing your relationship with us. This includes:
Where you are a prospective member,
- processing and evaluating your application for our services
Where you are a member,
- providing the services requested by you;
- monitoring, evaluating, and/or auditing of services provided. This may include an assessment of the quality of the services provided and the effects of the services provided (both in the short and long term and after you have stopped using the services);
- research related to your personal circumstances or services you used, in particular, for our research entitled (Insert Title of Research Project). We will notify you and obtain your written consent before using your personal data for any specific research project, unless otherwise permitted under the PDPA or other legislation; and
- Register for virtual, or in-person, events or conferences.
- Communicate with ISACA staff and provide information to us, such as your email address.
Where you are a member’s authorized representative,
- processing and evaluating the service user’s application for our services
Where you are a volunteer,
- processing and evaluating your suitability to volunteer; and
- monitoring, evaluating, and/or auditing of services you participated in.
- providing you with information on our upcoming events or activities, where you have specifically requested to receive such information;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental purposes related to or in connection with the above.
We may disclose your personal data:
- where such disclosure is required for, or in connection with, the provision of the services requested by you;
- to third-party service providers, agents, and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the purposes listed above for us;
- to comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, rules, or requests by public agencies, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations; and
- any other party to whom you authorized us to disclose your personal data to, or where necessary to undertake any action requested by you.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you or your authorized representative in writing. You or your authorized representative may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using, and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request via email or otherwise in writing to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. If you are unable to submit your request in writing or if you require any assistance with the submission of your request, you can ask to speak to or meet with our Data Protection Officer.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require a reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within thirty (30) business days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in the manner described above.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use, and disclosure without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request via email or otherwise in writing, to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below. If you require assistance with the submission of your request, you can ask to speak to or meet with our DPO.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- To safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical, and technical measures such as disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorized third-party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
- You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorized representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete, and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our DPO at the contact details provided below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
- ISACASG may use low-cost cloud storage such as Google drive. And such storage may be stored outside Singapore.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
- You may contact our DPO if you have any inquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
Name of DPO : Mike Leow
Contact No. : 96860325
Email Address : email@example.com
Address : 112 Robinson Road #02-01 S068902
EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
- This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses, and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data by us.
- We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgment and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 14/03/2021
Last updated : 14/03/2021