The South Africa Chapter covers all of South Africa; including the Western Cape (Cape Town), Eastern Cape (PE and East London), Gauteng (Johannesburg & Pretoria) and Kwazulu-Natal (Durban).
The South Africa Chapter (130) is the largest chapter in the Africa region, which comprises 17 ISACA chapters; and is the twelfth-largest chapter of ISACA’s 250 chapters worldwide.
Now in its 30th year of existence, the vision of the ISACA SA Chapter is to be the leading professional organisation in South Africa for business leaders in technology, information and cyber security, governance, risk and innovation.
Our role as a Chapter is to:
- To promote the education of, and help expand the knowledge and skills of its members in the interrelated fields of auditing, quality assurance, security, IS audit and control, and IT governance.
- To encourage an open exchange of IS audit and control, quality assurance, and security techniques, approaches, and problem solving by its members.
- To promote adequate communication to keep members abreast of current events in IS audit and control, quality assurance, and security fields that can be of benefit to them and their employers.
- To communicate to management, auditors, universities, and to IS professionals the importance of establishing controls necessary to ensure the effective organization and utilization of IT resources.
- To promote the Association's professional certifications.