Are you interested in posting a position with us? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to add a position here.Job Posting-------------------------------------------------------------POSTED 3/09/2019
Senior Information Systems AuditorThe Senior Information System Auditor assists the Information Systems Audit Project Manager in completing projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit. Conducts Information Technology (IT) risk assessments and assists in the Development of IT audit plans. Plans and conducts audits of information systems, financial systems, and provides management advisory services.• Assists the Information Systems Audit Project Manager implementing IT operational and financial audits, internal control reviews, management advisory services and other projects undertaken by the Office of Internal Audit.• Conducts Information Technology (IT) risk assessments and assists in the development of IT audit plans.• Plans and conducts audits of information systems, financial systems and provides management advisory services.• Interprets policies of Florida International University, and other state agencies, the Federal government and other pertinent agencies in relation to the performance of duties.• Conveys audit results through written reports and conferences. Prepares supporting work papers and drafts reports.• Initiates follow-up reviews as needed.• Provides information technology support for the office by helping maintain hardware and software integral to audit processes and audit management.• Determines compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies for areas under examination. Makes recommendations for improvements continuous.• Performs other related duties and tasks as they relate to the operations of the Office of Internal Audit. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:• Bachelor's degree in a related field and four (4) years of experience or a Master's degree in a related field and two (2) years of experience.• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)Desired Qualifications:• Certified Information Systems Administrator (CISA)• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)• Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)Advertised Salary - $70,000-$76,000To learn more about this opportunity, visit our site atcareers.fiu.edu and search for 517240.Clery NoticeIn compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2016/04/Campus_Security_Report__Safety_Guide.pdf. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).Pay TransparencyFlorida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Contact: Adele Mann, email@example.com, 305-348-9462Job Posting-------------------------------------------------------------POSTED 3/07/2019
Auditor, Information Technology
Closing Date 3/24/19-11:59PM EST
Salary Depends on Qualifications
The City of Gainesville's Auditor's Office is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual who is innovative and forward thinking to perform internal audits of the City's Information Technology (IT) operations.
The tasks to be performed may include but not be limited to, assessing the effectiveness of the IT control environment to help reduce the risk of ineffective IT processes adversely impacting the City and to increase the reliability and integrity of data and information; testing general computer controls (e.g.., logical security and program change control for operating system, database, application and network environments, computer operations, and datacenter physical security), as well as business cycle controls and IT application testing; conducting informational interviews with auditees for familiarization, process walkthrough, and key control identification purposes; and developing audit test steps or programs to ensure control areas provide comprehensive coverage.
To be considered for this position you must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Accounting or related field; and four (4) or more years of progressively responsible internal and/or external Information Technology experience.
Job Posting-------------------------------------------------------------POSTED 2/28/2019
- Experience using Audit Command Language (ACL) is preferred.
- Experience working with some or all of the following is preferred: Windows server environments, relational database management systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle and SQL, UNIX operating systems, Microsoft Active Directory, and SAP software.
- COBIT, ITIL, ISO/IEC 27000, or SOC knowledge is preferred.
- A Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is preferred and may substitute for a maximum of two (2) years of the required experience.
- A Valid U.S. Driver License required upon appointment
Company: Laureate Education, Inc.
Job Title: Manager, IT Internal Audit
Reports To: Director, IT Internal Audit
Department: Internal Audit
Location/Unit: Baltimore, MD or Miami, FL
Date Revised: 12/11/2018
Serve as a thought leader and subject matter expert in the area of assurance, and specifically IT audit. Provide commentary and relate industry best practices and emerging trends to continually improve the organization’s IT capabilities and contribute extensively to the continuous identification, evaluation and remediation of technology-related risks.
Individual would be responsible for the management and overall execution of IT assurance-related activities, which include but are not limited to IT Compliance Audits, Cybersecurity and Privacy Audits, Vulnerability and Penetration Audits, Infrastructure Audits, and Pre/Post-Implementation Reviews. The individual would also be responsible for the collaboration with Financial/Operational peers and overall execution of integrated assurance activities.
Individual will also be responsible for supporting strategic business initiatives by advocating and enhancing the risk and control environment, and when appropriate, engaging, managing and reviewing the work of outside consultants/advisors.
This person will be required to manage the development of analysis, reports, recommendations and insights gained from assurance-related activities and discover meaningful patterns that may be indicative of pervasive technology issues.
- Develop strong working relationships and foster effective communications with audited units, including IT and business areas, and internal audit management
- Execute the review of all work papers, ensure audits are performed within the time budget allotted
- Present, discuss and follow-up audit recommendations with Top Management
- Assignment of staff, planning supervision and oversight of specific and simultaneous IT audits
- Propose new audit techniques and procedures to improve effectiveness/efficiency of audits
- Ensure compliance with Laureate’s policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, and keep current on compliance-related areas
- Prepare deliverables/reports for review by the IT Audit Director that include thematic issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of IT audits and other assurance-related activities
- Ongoing assessment and completion of internal audit staff performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, and professional development
- Manage the periodic QA of IT audits and make suggestions on how to improve consistency as well as our overall approach to delivery
- Participation in the overall development of the annual audit plan.
- Continuously educate stakeholders on how audit initiatives and risk management can help them achieve their business goals and influence them to take action based on audit findings.
- Serve as an on-going subject matter expert in the area of technology and corresponding new capabilities
- Maintain internal audit competency through ongoing professional development
- Take responsibility for coaching/mentoring and the continuous development of respective teams
- Perform other duties as assigned by either the Chief Risk Officer, Global Head of Internal Audit or the Director of IT Internal Audit
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- BA/BS degree required and Master’s Degree preferred (coursework in areas of study, including but not limited to decision information sciences, computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, business, accounting, or finance).
- 7-10 years of related work experience;
- 5+ years of related audit or applicable business experience; 2 or more years in a management role and 3 years of public accounting experience preferred.
- CISA, CISSP, ITIL, CIA, or CPA/CA certification required. Based on an individual's professional background, area of specialization, or industry focus, we recognize that other certifications, credentials, or experience may be more relevant than the listed certifications and therefore may be acceptable substitutes that will be given consideration upon further discussions.
- Higher Education industry experiences a plus.
- An in-depth understanding of core information technology processes and controls, current trends in corporate information technology and emerging themes in the market place.
- Advanced knowledge of commonly used internal control frameworks, including COSO and COBIT.
- Advanced knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables, including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Advanced knowledge of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA’s) code of ethics and compliance requirements.
- Ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment, meeting deadlines and interacting with individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills to successfully build long-term relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Experience working in diverse multicultural environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proactive attitude, fast learner, and team player.
- English and Spanish proficiency required (speak, read and write);