ISACA Europe Conference 2023: Digital Trust World will be held 17-19 October in Dublin, Ireland!
Conference volunteers will support smooth conference operations and an incredible attendee experience. In return, volunteers receive a substantial discount on the cost of conference registration, and are able to participate in educational, networking, and social activities outside of scheduled volunteer shifts.
*Please note, some volunteer shifts will not be able to attend sessions. Refer to descriptions below.
TO SIGN UP: DO NOT CLICK APPLY ABOVE. Please visit our volunteer scheduler on Sign Up Genius to see available slots, which are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. (If the schedule is full and you would like to be added to a waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Volunteers will receive the conference discount code in the confirmation email and MUST register AND pay for the full conference pass within one week or forfeit their shift.
Please do not sign up for a spot if you cannot register and pay for the conference within one week. (Contact us at email@example.com if you have extenuating circumstances and require an extension.)
Shifts are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. ISACA will be filling the following roles for the 2023 Digital Trust World Conference (Dublin):
Volunteer shifts are available as conference opening support, session monitors, wayfinders and membership lounge hosts. Those serving are representatives of ISACA, and work closely with ISACA staff and other volunteers, conference attendees, and speakers.
Conference Opening Support (a unique all-day shift to support the start of the conference)
- Prepare free attendee bags and material (bag stuffing).
- Assist with badge scanning for ChatGPT Masterclass (volunteers will have the opportunity to attend this free masterclass after scanning is complete).
- Assist with badge scanning for opening general session.
- Provide wayfinding assistance as needed.
- Staff lunch will be provided (food options at the conference venue are very limited, please plan accordingly and bring snacks, etc. as this is an all-day shift.)
- Provide directions within the conference venue for attendees seeking a specific destination(s).
- May assist with general session support, scanning badges and/or helping attendees find session room seating.
- Provide answers to the most common directional questions asked such as registration desk, exhibit hall, general session room, concurrent session rooms, lunch, activities, etc.
- Be available to serve as a back-up for other volunteer roles (such as session room monitor), in case of a last-minute cancellation.
- Ensure speaker arrives and presentation/technology are working properly.
- Assist attendees entering the session with badge scanning and finding seats.
- Make general announcements and reminders to session attendees.
- Complete the Session Monitor Form providing feedback on each session.
- Monitor room environment (i.e. room temperature, cleanliness, etc.) and inform ISACA staff of any issues, attendee complaints or feedback.
Membership Loyalty Lounge Host
- Welcome Platinum and Gold ISACA members to the lounge and brief them on available amenities and key details.
- Provide answers to the most common attendee questions such as session and mealtimes, exhibit hall hours, and special activities and entertainment.
- Be resourceful (and involve ISACA staff if needed) when answering uncommon attendee questions such as securing a private space for a meeting, finding an outlet adapter, or other non-conference related needs.
- Monitor room environment and ambience (i.e. room temperature, cleanliness, etc.) and inform ISACA staff of any issues, attendee complaints or feedback. Perform light room maintenance if necessary.
- Volunteers may not attend sessions during their shift. May conduct personal work while supervising the room provided it does not interfere with responsibilities.
- Must register as a full conference attendee and pay for the conference within one week of signing up for a volunteer shift.
- Attend a mandatory onsite orientation 17 October, 12:00-12:45 IST (GMT +1). Please note that options to purchase food around the conference venue are limited, and the conference begins after orientation. Please plan accordingly.
- Commitment to serve the role selected. Please identify a replacement if you must cancel less than 72 hours before the conference.
- Pleasant, positive demeanor as a representative of ISACA.
- Flexibility to effectively adjust to unexpected circumstances.
- A substantial, 60% discount off the full conference registration rate*
*Volunteers who cancel or do not complete a scheduled shift will be invoiced for the full registration amount.
US $398 member / US $478 nonmember
- Opportunity to network with other attendees and speakers, and attend conference activities/sessions.
- Digital Trust World - Dublin offers up to 20.75 CPEs for the full conference pass. Volunteers, as all attendees, may claim CPEs based on the sessions attended. Additional CPE for volunteering is not available.
All volunteers must have an ISACA Participation Agreement on file. To see if your agreement is active, visit your volunteer profile. Access all volunteer policies here.