ISACA relies upon the support of volunteers to facilitate smooth conference operations and an incredible attendee experience. Volunteers typically serve as session monitors, registration assistants, speaker lounge monitors or wayfinders and are representatives of ISACA, working closely with ISACA staff and other volunteers, conference attendees, and speakers. Volunteers receive a discount on conference registration in exchange for at least one shift. Those who do not sign into their shift will be charged the regular conference rate.
1. Click here to select your shift via SignUpGenius. (Do not click apply above on this page; you will NOT be signed up to volunteer.)
2. After you finish your shift selection, you'll receive an email confirmation from SignUpGenius with your volunteer promo code.
3. Register for NA CACS using the promo code and pay the discounted rate.
Shifts are filled on a first-come, first-served basis, and volunteers must register for the conference using the promo code in the Sign Up Genius confirmation email immediately after signing up to volunteer. Failure to register and pay the fees will result in forfeiting the volunteer shift.
Volunteer Criteria/Composition needed:
- Commitment to serve the role selected. Please identify a replacement if you must cancel less than 72 hours before the conference.
- Pleasant, positive demeanor as a representative of ISACA.
- Flexibility to effectively adjust to unexpected circumstances.
- Ability to travel to conference location. ISACA will not reimburse travel expenses.
Volunteers are entitled to the following benefits depending on their role. Any volunteer who does not complete a full shift or cancels will be invoiced for the full registration amount.
- US$1300 off standard registration rate. (Additional discount codes do not apply.)
- Earn up to 18 CPE hours for continuing education attending the conference. (Workshop registration and additional CPEs are separate and not applicable for the volunteer discount code.)
Location: Baltimore Convention Center, MD, USA.
Mandatory orientation will be on Monday, 11 May at 4:00 pm US ET.
Guide workshop attendees to the correct room, assist with badge scanning and ensure that the attendees attend only the workshop for which they registered.
- Monitor multiple workshop rooms and contact ISACA staff with any issues. Wayfinders are expected to check each room every hour and may handle personal work outside the workshop rooms.
- This position does not enable the volunteer to attend the workshop session or claim CPE credits.
- Workshop Guides may take advantage of the conference discount for volunteers and partake in meals offered during the volunteer shift.
This role is a frontline position and a warm, friendly personality is needed.
- Help attendees print their badges and manage queues for self-check in.
- Provide attendee’s their onsite materials (program guide, attendee bag, etc.)
- Assist in answering attendee inquiries.
Provide directions within the conference venue for attendees seeking specific destination(s.)
- Provide answers to the most common directional questions asked such as registration desk, exhibit hall, general session room, concurrent session rooms, lunch, receptions.
- You will also serve as a back-up for other volunteer roles (such as session room monitor or registration desk), in case of a last-minute cancellation.
- Ensure speaker arrives and is able to connect to the AV.
- Scan the badges of all attendees entering the session and assist them with finding a seat.
- Make general announcements and reminders to session attendees
- Complete the Session Monitor Form providing feedback on each session.
- Monitor room environment (i.e. room temperature, cleanliness, etc.) and inform ISACA staff of any issues, attendee complaints or feedback
Speaker Lounge Monitor
- Sit outside the speaker lounge and confirm only individuals with speaker ribbons enter.
- Monitor room cleanliness, coffee, snacks (if applicable.)
- Speaker Lounge Monitors may conduct personal work while supervising the room provided it does not interfere with your responsibilities.