Against an increasingly digitized landscape, the new COBIT 2019 framework continues to strengthen COBIT’s role in driving innovation and business transformation from insights founded on science and best practices. These three-day training therefore aim to inform on the concepts, models and definitions of the COBIT 2019 framework. Participants will get to comprehend the theoretical background and will gain insights on its effective and efficient application in practice. Knowing the new trends and most recent standards and working methods, participants can assess the prevalent stature of respective EGIT and to determine which aspects of COBIT 2019 will be appropriate to be implemented immediately and subsequently. Additionally, this training will equip participants to sit for the COBIT 2019 Foundation examination which is a pre-requisite for COBIT 2019 Design and Implementation and Implementing the NIST Cybersecurity Framework Using COBIT 2019.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the target audience of COBIT 2019.
- Recognize the context, benefits and key reasons COBIT is used as an information and technology governance framework.
- Recognize the descriptions and purposes of the COBIT product architecture.
- Recall the alignment of COBIT with other applicable frameworks, standards and bodies of knowledge.
- Understand and describe the governance “system” and governance “framework” principles.
- Describe the components of a governance system.
- Understand the overall structure and contents of the Goals Cascade.
- Recall the 40 Governance and Management Objectives and their purpose statements.
- Understand the relationship between Governance and Management Objectives and Governance Components.
- Differentiate COBIT based performance management using maturity and capability perspectives.
- Discover how to design a tailored governance system using COBIT.
- Explain the key points of the COBIT business case.
- Understand and recall the phases of the COBIT implementation approach.
- Describe the relationships between the COBIT Design and Implementation Guides.
- Prepare for the COBIT 2019 Foundation exam.