This is a basic information systems (IS) audit course that aims to discuss the objectives, frameworks/principles and practices of conducting IS audits.
1. To understand the basic framework and principles of information systems (IS) audit;
2. To know the different areas or domains of IS audit; and
3. To learn practical approaches in conducting IS audits.
This course will discuss the different areas or domains that are normally covered in conducting IS audits such as:
1. IS audit process
2. Governance and management of IT
o IT governance and IS management practices
o Business continuity management
3. Systems development and acquisition
4. IS service delivery and support
o IT operations, maintenance and support
o Information security management
1. Auditors (financial, operations, or new IS auditors)
2. Risk managers
3. Compliance officers