The ISACA Vancouver Chapter is excited to announce it is launching its 2020 mentorship program, for
our IT audit and IT security professionals to mentor students who will become our future CISA, CRISC,
CISM, CGEIT and CSX practitioners, and we would like you to be a part of this awesome program! This is
an excellent opportunity for students and new members who would like to know more about the IT audit
profession, and more on career guidance, to gain some one-on-one time from a seasoned professional
mentor. This is also a fantastic opportunity to network with other mentors and mentees in the community.
Check out our Mentorship Video!
- The 2020 program will run from January to June 2020
- A kickoff social event will take place in January 2020 in downtown Vancouver
- A closing social event will be scheduled for the last week of June 2020
- Bi-monthly social gatherings/activities (optional) will also be scheduled!
- Mentors will meet with their mentees at least once a month between January to June 2020
- Must be a student / new ISACA member (less than 2 years of professional experience) who is highly interested to pursue a career in the areas of IT systems audit, or IT security
- Commitment to schedule at least 1 hour every month for one-on-one meetings with your mentor; note that it is the mentee’s responsibility to reach out and schedule an appropriate time to meet with your mentor
- Attend the initial kickoff event during in January 2020 in downtown Vancouver (to be scheduled)
- Note that the intent of this program is for IT professional mentors to support mentees in their professional growth, and there is no obligation nor expectation for mentors to hire / offer job opportunities to mentees
- Attending the social get-togethers is completely voluntary, but we promise they will be fun!
- Receive monthly one-on-one guidance from an experienced, successful ISACA mentor
- Learn the benefits and the first-hand experience of being a certified IT audit / IT security professional
- Network with other mentors and mentees in the local community and expand your professional network!
To apply, complete the following form by January 10, 2020: