Officers shall perform the duties prescribed by the ISACA Katowice Chapter of ISACA bylaws as well as responsibilities noted within the Chapter website.
President - Adam Mizerski
The President is the executive head of the Chapter and is looked upon as the local representative of ISACA by the membership and the community. Key responsibilities of the President include:
- Preside at all meetings of the Chapter and board.
- Execute the policies and decisions of the Chapter board.
- Appoint all standing committee chairpersons and other committees as authorized by the Chapter board.
- Develop annual and long-range Chapter goals and objectives for presentation to and approval by the Chapter board.
- Direct Chapter activities and establish a Chapter calendar, including target dates for task completion.
- Complete and submit the Chapter annual report within 30 days after the Chapter’s annual general meeting.
- Submit an audit report or verification letter confirming that the Chapter financials were reviewed by an impartial third party.
- Attend meetings sponsored by ISACA International Headquarters as Chapter representative.
- Communicate Chapter information and concerns to ISACA International Headquarters.
- Perform other duties as pertain to the office of President, or which may be delegated by the Chapter board.
Vice President - Małgorzata Pańkowska & Łukasz Bydłosz & Bartłomiej Dyrga
The Chapter Vice President is responsible to the President, Chapter board and Chapter membership. Key responsibilities of the Vice President include:
- Be an active aid to the President.
- Perform the duties of the President in the event of their absence.
- Arrange audit of Chapter records.
- Develop long range Chapter plans.
- Assist the President in establishing committees.
- Direct and coordinate the administrative activities of standing and select committees.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other professional associations.
- Perform other duties as pertain to the office of Vice President, or which may be delegated by the Chapter board.
Secretary - Leszek Murański
The Chapter Secretary reports to the President and is responsible to the Chapter board and Chapter membership. Key responsibilities of the Secretary include:
- Take minutes of the Chapter board meetings.
- Be responsible for the legal affairs, Chapter reports, and communications and correspondence pertaining to the Chapter.
- Maintains all Chapter records, except those specifically assigned to other officers or committees.
- Receive mail from Chapter post office box on a regular basis or as assigned by the Chapter President.
- Manage an annual survey of the Chapter membership regarding preferences on meeting types, topics, etc.
- Perform other duties as pertain to the office of Secretary, or which may be delegated by the Chapter board.
Treasurer - Łukasz Bydłosz
The Treasurer reports directly to the President and is responsible to the Chapter board and the Chapter membership. Key responsibilities of the Treasurer include:
- Be custodian of Chapter funds.
- Ensure a complete, clear, and balanced audit trail of all Chapter financial transactions for the current and prior years.
- Receive moneys and disburse funds only upon the sanction of the board or membership.
- Prepare a regular Treasurer’s report for board meetings.
- File any and all tax forms required.
- Submit books and records for audit when required.
- Ensure incorporation fees/licenses are filed on time, as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as pertain to the office of Treasurer, or which may be delegated by the Chapter board.
Additional Board Positions:
University Relations Director - Małgorzata Pańkowska: The University Relations Director is responsible for establishing and maintaining connections with local colleges and universities for the purpose of increasing awareness of IT audit and security, our local Chapter, and recruiting student members.
Events Coordinator - Adam Mizerski: The Event Coordinator is responsible for helping the Programs Director (or other board members) in planning and executing chapter events. Examples of these events include chapter meetings, training events, social events, and certification recognition luncheon.
Certification Director - Zenon Łukowski: The Certification Director is the source of promotion and information on ISACA’s certification programs for the members of the Chapter and for others from the local area who are interested in ISACA's certifications. This individual must be knowledgeable about ISACA's certifications so he/she can answer questions or refer people to the proper source.
Membership Director - Bartłomiej Dyrga: The Membership Director maintains the database of member information and initiates contact to welcome new members. This individual works to promote and increase membership retention, maintains records of meeting attendance, and helps coordinate communication with members of the chapter.
As the management board consists of 5 people, the remaining functions have been vacant
Immediate Past Present: The Immediate Past President serves as an advisor to the current President and other board members. This individual may also assist in organizing events, chairing special committees, or researching responses to questions from the board.
Programs Director: The Programs Director is responsible for coordinating chapter meetings and educational seminars/workshops.
Marketing Director: The Marketing Director is responsible for assessing third parties for eligibility of sponsorship by the Chapter. Responsible for assisting with publicity for Chapter events and, as deemed appropriate by the Chapter board, for interacting with media contacts to obtain coverage of Chapter events.
Webmaster: The Webmaster oversees the maintenance and operation of the Chapter web site, ensuring all content is up-to-date. Coordinates with third party Internet service providers, as appropriate.
Social Media Director: The Social Media Director is responsible for providing regular updates to social media sites maintained by the Chapter. This could include local and international ISACA news, current events, etc.