The final class registration day will be closed on October 1st, 2022 at 8 pm. No exceptions are made.
Discounted member rates apply to any chapter member in the world.
Note: Due to COVID-19 This event will be online only
" Please register for this class using the private email address (Gmail,
yahoo, AOL, Hotmail address) and not your organizations' email address.
Many organizations block emails with attachments and block Webex
Dates and Times: All times are New York time (Eastern Standard Time). Please click here to hear the time and date in your locati
Saturday, October 8, 2022 9:00 AM - 5 PM EST
Prerequisite: Some experience in IT
Instructor: Jay Ranade, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, CIA, CRMA, CISSP, ISSAP, CBCP, CDPSE, HCISPP
Who should attend: Blockchain enthusiasts, IT professionals, IT Auditors, Security professionals, IT Auditors, Cyber security professionals, IT managers, IT project managers. Cyber security auditors
Course Material: Content-rich handouts with 187 slides from Jay Ranade.
Here is what will be covered: · Topics to be covered:
1. Cryptography (1.5 hours)
b. Asymmetric – PSA, ECC
c. PKI- RSA
d. Hashing – SHA, MD-5, SHA-256,
2. History of Bitcoin and Blockchain (1.0 hours)
a. Satoshi’s paper 2008
b. Distributed ledger
c. Cryptocurrency – 21M limit
d. Public key and Private key
e. Block Chain links with hashing
f. Miners and transaction keepers
3. Ten Blockchain Characteristics (30 minutes)
4. Blockchain Internals (2 hours)
a. How does it work
b. Decentralized public ledger
c. Preceded zeros in hash – work effort and Nonce
d. Why it is fraud proof (kind of)
5. Software associated with Blockchain technology (1 hour)
6. Risks and Issues (30 minutes)
a. Large blocks
b. Energy consumption
d. Power cost
CPE Credits: 7 Capacity: webinar - 15 people
Onsite Location: N/A
Live broadcast webinar location: Anywhere in the world
Refund Policy: 80% refund on or before September 8, 2022.
A refund must be requested in writing and will not be accepted after the said date, and after the class materials have been send by either the committee or the instructor.
· Anyone who fails to make a payment online will not be considered an attendee
- CPE credits can be applied toward each ISACA designation that is held.
- Webinar sessions are not being recorded - it's a live broadcast.
- You cannot switch between on-site and online sessions once decided.
- Webinar access instructions are provided 4 days prior to the first day of class.
- For webinar attendees, you can also test if you are able to connect to the gotowebinar website by following the instructions here: http://bit.ly/1JvcdSy