Call for Papers
ISACA Ireland Annual Conference 2022
“Exploring new ideas in Cyber, Risk and IT Audit”
23rd November - Croke Park Conference Centre
ISACA Ireland will hold its Annual Conference on the 23rd November 2022 at the Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin. The conference will provide information systems professionals with a pragmatic approach to gain knowledge and guidance on industry relevant concepts, tools, and best practices. This year’s theme is about exploring new ideas in Cyber, Risk and IT Audit with a focus on the challenges of Emerging Technologies.
We are asking our conference speakers to explore the current approaches that information system professionals follow and provide expert insights based on their experiences. The technology landscape is continually adapting and rapidly changing bringing new and varied challenges to Cyber, Risk and Audit professionals. Are the current approaches to address risk in organisations keeping pace to ensure organisations can operate effectively and securely? How disruptive are Emerging Technologies to our existing approaches? ISACA Ireland welcomes your submission.
How to Submit your Proposal:
Submission proposals should be sent in Microsoft Word format to: email@example.com on or before 23rd September 2022.
Your submission should include the following:
Title of proposed presentation
- High level topic Overview
- Target learning level – See learning level details below.
- How the proposed presentation aligns to the conference theme
- Provide details of your experience speaking at events/conferences
- If available, provide links to previously recorded video presentations
- As the conference will include panel discussions. Please indicate if this would be of interest to you and list the areas of specialist knowledge/experience.
Any queries about the process should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentation time slots will be 40 minutes in total consisting of 30 minutes presentation time and 10 minutes for Q&A.
A selection panel comprised of ISACA Ireland board members and chaired by Paul Hare, President, ISACA Ireland will select those presentations that it feels represent new and innovate topics that align with the overall conference theme and associated target learning levels.
As per previous conference arrangements, all reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for selected speakers will be met by ISACA Ireland.
Submissions should be targeted at one of the following learning levels:
Submissions must indicate which target level they address and be provided in English and be original work.
- Beginner – Delegate has limited or no prior knowledge or experience or is new to the subject matter.
- Intermediate – Delegate has a working knowledge of the topic covered but is not yet an advanced practitioner.
- Advanced Technical – Delegate has a high level of technical understanding of the topic under discussion.
- Advanced Managerial – Delegate has a high level of understanding of managerial concepts.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to provide your insights about emerging advances in your field of expertise by preparing and delivering an inspiring presentation and to network with fellow presenters with whom you’ll share the conference platform.
- Impart your expert knowledge – excellent opportunity to deliver an impactful presentation that you can use the next time you are presenting on topics to your manager, CEO or Board.
- Represent your field of expertise and challenge yourself or the status quo by delivering an impactful presentation that imparts valuable and actionable insights.
- Elevate your speaker profile - Savvy presenters will take advantage of ISACA’s global audience reach and
- enhance their personal and professional speaking reputation with associated international visibility.
- A chance to visit the welcoming city of Dublin, Ireland – our previous international speakers have all enjoyed visiting Ireland and have found the experience to be highly rewarding and enjoyable.
- Submission of Proposal Deadline: 23rd September 2022.
- Notification of Acceptance: 7th October 2022