The Membership Committee is chartered to promote interest in the Chapter, ISACA, and conduct an ongoing membership campaign.
The membership committee includes three sub-committees:
- The SheLeadsTech (SLT) Committee is a women-focused program which works to increase the representation of women in technology leadership roles and the tech workforce. Powered through a vast global network of women IT professionals dedicated to supporting others, SLT provides women with mentorship, leadership training, and skills training to grow and excel within that industry. Check out the following links for upcoming She Leads Tech events across the globe: SheLeadsTech Events
- The Emerging Professionals (EP) Committee focuses on members new to the profession and rising professionals (40 and under) representing the future of the IT Audit, Cybersecurity, and GRC profession. We provide guidance and networking opportunities as emerging professionals navigate through the early stages of their career.
- The Volunteer Relations Committee focuses on managing relationships with our volunteers and recognizing the contributions of our volunteers. We assist committees with recruitment, onboarding, and resources to manage volunteer relationships throughout the duration of their volunteering.
Areas of Focus
- Emerging Professionals
- Event Management
- Membership Retention
- Membership Management
- Women in Technology Management
- Volunteer Management
Call to Action - Recognition Awards and Special Events
- Top Four Under Forty Award is an annual program that recognizes four ISACA New York Metro members under 40 in the IT Audit, Cybersecurity, and/or GRC space that have contributed extensive value to the team and company in which they work. They go above & beyond and we want to recognize them for their contributions to our sector. The Four Emerging Professionals are honored at our annual recognition event and highlighted on our social media channels. They also score a seat at future exam review classes (worth approximately $600)! Note: The emerging professional must be a New York Metropolitan Chapter Member to be eligible.
Top Four Under 40 Recognition Award nomination form can be found here.
- Women in Technology Spotlight Series allows members and non-members to recognize the professional contribution of a Women in Technology or Cybersecurity. Women who are selected to be spotlighted are recognized at the Chapter’s Annual Gala and promoted on the chapter’s website, newsletter, and social media channels. Our committee accepts nominations throughout the year. The nomination form can be found Click here to see our current and past WIT
- Star Volunteer Award is an annual program that recognizes volunteer contributions to the chapter. Committee Chairs nominate up to 2 star volunteers to be recognized at the chapter’s Annual Gala and are promoted on the chapter’s website and social media channels.
- ISACA CommunITy Day - Join ISACA chapters and staff as we exemplify our purpose, promise, and values with a day of service around the world. Not only can we help individuals realize the positive potential of technology, but together, we can help people realize the positive potential of ISACA's global society.
- Volunteering Opportunities – Our events would not be possible without the support of our volunteers. Want to give back to the community, while growing your professional network? Please send an email to email@example.com
- Speaker Opportunities – Have a great idea or topic for an upcoming event? We would love to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mentoring Opportunities – Many of us would not be where we are today without having mentors in our corners to guide us. If interested in being a mentor and helping make a positive impact on someone’s career journey, please email email@example.com
The Chapter Annual Gala and Wasserman Award Dinner is our marquee Membership event where we present the Joseph J. Wasserman Award to an outstanding contributor and welcome the newly elected Board of Directors. We also celebrate the Chapter’s past year’s achievements and future success in the next year.