I'm a CommunITy Day Team Lead for my chapter. How do I get started?
1. Find local charities or nonprofit organizations who need volunteers on 3 October. Confirm the time, needs, number of people with the organization. Consider hosting family-friendly opportunities as appropriate. (See sample outreach email
2. Log into your Helper Helper admin account
. Review the Team Lead instructions
3. Add the organization and opportunity details in Helper Helper.
4. Promote the opportunity(ies) to your chapter members.
5. Members create a free account with Helper Helper and sign up for the opportunity they want to support.
6. The day of the event, track attendance in the app and encourage everyone to upload photos to their Helper Helper account and post on social media using #ISACACommunITyDay
to be added to the live feed
.What kinds of activities are appropriate?
Anything that involves volunteering your time to make the world a better place. Check out the ideas to the right to inspire you to look up local charities or nonprofits that could use your help. The volunteer sign up does
need to be documented in Helper Helper so ISACA can track all efforts around the globe.
The opportunity does not have to be a significant time commitment either; you can make a big difference in just a couple of hours!What is Helper Helper? Do we have to use it?
Helper Helper is a tool ISACA has contracted specifically for ISACA CommunITy Day
. We require that all activities, sign-ups, and attendance be tracked through the tool so ISACA can track the larger impact ISACA is making around the world. The tools allows us to pull data on the types of activities, number of chapters, number of people, locations, etc.
Only local activities on 3 October 2020 should be entered into Helper Helper. Team Leads designated by participating chapters are responsible for managing the sign up activity in the app and may add local admins to help as they deem necessary. Access will be removed following ISACA CommunITy Day 2020, and then access will be granted to the appropriate admins a few months prior to the event in 2021. Learn more about becoming a Team Lead
Members must create an account on Helper Helper to view and sign up for the opportunities hosted by a chapter.
.How do I participate in the midst of a global pandemic?
We know that 2020 has been challenging for everyone and believe this highlights the importance of community engagement and giving back. However, the health and safety of our participants and community must be our first priority. Ensure you are abiding by local ordinances and recommendations from verified health organizations. Please keep in mind that everyone has different levels of comfort getting together with groups. Consider virtual volunteer opportunities, outdoor opportunities or ways that you can stay socially distant.
Can I claim CPE credits for volunteering on CommunITy Day?
- Learn more: Volunteering in an Era of COVID-19 (PDF) (COMING SOON)
No, this is not a CPE-eligible opportunity but rather a way to network and give back.