I'm a CommunITy Day admin for my chapter. How do I get started?
1. Find local charities or nonprofit organizations who need volunteers on 5 October. Confirm the time, needs, number of people with the organization. Consider hosting family-friendly opportunities as appropriate.
2. Log into your Helper Helper admin account
. Review out the admin training materials
3. Add the organization and opportunity details in Helper Helper.
4. Communicate the opportunity(ies) with the members of your chapter.
5. Members create a free account with Helper Helper and sign up for the opportunity they want to support.
6. The day of the event, track attendance in the app and encourage everyone to upload photos to their Helper Helper account and post on social media using #ISACACommunITyDay
to be added to the live feed
.What kinds of activities are appropriate?
Anything that involves volunteering your time to make the world a better place. Check out the ideas to the right to inspire you to look up local charities or nonprofits that could use your help. The volunteer sign up does
need to be documented in Helper Helper so ISACA can track all efforts around the globe.
The opportunity does not have to be a significant time commitment either; you can make a big difference in just a couple of hours!What is Helper Helper? Do we have to use it?
Helper Helper is a tool ISACA has contracted specifically for ISACA CommunITy Day
. We require that all activities, sign-ups, and attendance be tracked through the tool so ISACA can track the larger impact ISACA is making around the world. The tools allows us to pull data on the types of activities, number of chapters, number of people, locations, etc.
Only local activities on 5 October 2019 should be entered into Helper Helper. ISACA added all chapter presidents (or chapter administrators if one exists) as administrators to add opportunities and manage registrants for their chapter (i.e. "Team" in Helper Helper). These individuals may add additional administrators as they deem necessary. Access will be removed following ISACA CommunITy Day 2019, and then access will be granted to the appropriate admins a few months prior to the event in 2020.
Members must create an account on Helper Helper to view and sign up for the opportunities hosted by a chapter.