CYBER SECURITY ANALYST: MONITORING & RESPONSE
Location: UW-Madison Office, WI
Work Type: Full-time
The UW-Madison Office of Cybersecurity is looking for a Cybersecurity Analyst in the Incident Response Team of the Cybersecurity Operations Center.
This position works in the UW-Madison Office of Cybersecurity and reports to the Assistant Director of Cybersecurity Operations under the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). The Office of Cybersecurity provides a variety of IT Security services for UW-Madison and UW-System. These services include Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance (GRC); Security Testing and Cyber Defense (TCD); Monitoring and Incident Response; Security Operations; and Security Education, Training, and Awareness (SETA).
This position will carry out duties in support of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Cybersecurity Operations Center (CSOC) as part of the Monitoring and Incident Response domain. By engaging and excelling in their assigned duties, the incumbent will be given the opportunity to learn important fundamentals of cybersecurity and eventually transition into an expert-level role under one of the UW-Madison Office of Cybersecurity domains.
This is a great place to learn and grow with a highly diverse and experienced team. If you like working with great people, great tools and a great workplace, please click on the link below to start the application process, before June 14th.
hashtag#cyberjobs hashtag#cybersecurity hashtag#highereducation hashtag#securityops hashtag#cyberdefense hashtag#incidentresponse
Security Policy Analyst
Location: Madison, WI
Extension Staffing's major client based in Madison is looking for a Security Policy Analyst to bring on board their newly renovated and currently growing Information Security Department within the state-of-the-art center of excellence.
A few key characteristics that will make an ideal candidate include:
- Healthcare and/or Government industry experience
- IT Security background
- Experience writing and administering IT Security policies.
What You Will Impact:
This role will provide direct support to the Information Security Governance, Risk and Compliance team by developing and managing policies, standards and guidelines aimed at defining the cybersecurity of the company's critical systems. Will work with cross functional teams across all business lines.
- Draft, review, and comment on translating federal requirements into corporate security policies and standards, including, but not limited to: NIST publications, OMB guidance, HIPAA, DFARS and MAC ARS.
- Develop, implement and communicate security policies, procedures, standards, best practices, guidance and controls.
- Perform gap analysis over existing and new cyber security contractual requirements correlate the result with our security policy program.
- Be well-versed in various information security frameworks and standards, cybersecurity regulations and industry compliance requirements.
- Develop cybersecurity controls based on a thorough understanding of industry standards and regulations to protect the company from external and internal threats.
- Work with internal and external audit teams to drive remediation items to completion.
- Understand the security risk landscape and proactively identify the need for changes to existing controls to meet and exceed industry standards.
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position due to Department of Defense restrictions.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field OR equivalent post high school education and/or work-related experience.
- 2 or more years of experience in security policy and standards management.
- HIPAA Privacy Rules
- NIST Cyber Security Framework
Please reach out directly at email@example.com or call Blake Mascarello at (414)982-2943 if interested or would like to learn more!
ISACA Career Center
Additionally, ISACA International hosts the ISACA Career Center site. The ISACA Career Center is another source for IT audit and information security professionals. Designations and experience are highlighted for employers, providing a special opportunity for those interested in hiring CISA®, CISM®, CGEIT®, or CRISC™ holders and applicants with COBIT® experience.