IT Insurance Financial Examiner-ADV - 2100810
Come serve the citizens of Wisconsin at the state's insurance regulatory agency! The Office of the Commissioner of Insurance is hiring a talented person to join the Division of Financial Regulation to assess insurance companies’ IT systems.
The Office of the Commissioner of Insurance (OCI) is responsible for monitoring the activities of insurance companies, agencies and agents doing business in Wisconsin to ensure that they comply with Wisconsin insurance laws and regulations.
For information about the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, please click here to learn more.
Location: Madison, Wisconsin.
Work type:Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Salary for the Insurance Financial Examiner- Advanced will be $39.00-$46.96 hourly.
Candidates with CPA certification may be eligible to receive up to an additional $0.50 per hour. Candidates with CFE/AFE certification may be eligible to receive up to an additional $0.50 per hour. This classification is assigned to pay schedule/range 07-02. For current permanent state employees, pay will be set in accordance with the State Compensation Plan.
Contact: Carolyn Kuzuhara, HR Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: The deadline to apply for this position is April 9, 2021 at 11:59PM.
Qualifications: Minimally qualified candidates will have experience in:
• Planning and/or performing audits of information technology and/or financial control environments. Information technology related audits would include security, infrastructure, operations, and application development. Financial areas include risk-focused examination critical risk categories, reserving, etc.
A well-qualified candidate will have any of the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Auditing with an IT emphasis, MIS, Computer Science, or related field.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), SOFE AES, SOFE CFE, SOFE AFE, or equivalent.
• Experience working within the insurance field (e.g., as an internal auditor, working with financial reporting, accounting activities, risk management, and actuarial, etc.).
Travel: This position will require approximately 35% in state and out of state travel.
How To Apply:
To apply, click “Log In” to access your existing account or to create a new account. if you don’t have an account with Wisc.Jobs. Once you are logged in, click “Apply Now.” You will be asked to provide your personal information and attach a resume and a letter of qualifications.
Your letter of qualifications and resume are very important parts of your application and are used during our evaluation process to determine your qualifications as they relate to the job. For instructions on developing your resume and letter of qualifications and what should be included in these materials, click here.
Submitted materials will be evaluated by a panel of job experts and the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. Questions can be directed to Carolyn Kuzuhara at email@example.com
OCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer seeking a diverse and talented workforce.
If you are a veteran with a 30% or greater service-related disability, please send a cover letter, resume, DD-214 (honorable discharge), and documentation of your service-connected disability rating (dated within 12 months) to the contact listed above.
Due to the nature of the position, OCI will conduct background checks on applicants prior to selection. OCI does not sponsor work visas. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States, and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
R21179 BUSINESS ANALYTICS ANALYST II (Open)
American Family - WI, Madison National HQ
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
Work type: Full Time
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
Compensation: may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
As the technical contact on the Internal Audit Data Team, responsible for design and build out of data solutions that enable audit teams to make strategic, informed decisions.
• Leads the development of data analytic procedures and scripts that validate controls, execute custom tests, identify discrepancies and report results to auditors and business leadership.
• Provides technical expertise on data extraction, validation, analysis, and visualization of results.
• Collaborates with auditors and leadership to leverage data and technology and improve quality/efficiency of audits, enabling the auditors to meet their goal of managing enterprise risk.
- Demonstrated experience in building and supporting data solutions using Python
- Experience utilizing Tableau or other reporting tools to build data visualizations
- Experience working with Google BigQuery in the Cloud
- Knowledge and proficiency in extraction and analysis of data from a wide variety of systems, leveraging SQL and data analysis tools
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support, and service
- Previous audit experience desired, but not required
Tools/code languages used within the role include but aren’t limited to SQL, Python, Tableau and GCP BigQuery
- Builds analytic procedures to script and visualize data to identify potential risks and fraud.
- Collaborates with business partners in the development and delivery of key performance analysis and reporting.
- Develops, tests, and deploys automated reporting solutions and automated decision analytics to replace manual business processes.
- Explore continuous auditing opportunities and build scripts to examine risk controls and business procedures on an ongoing basis.
This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.For more information and how to how to apply, click on the link below:
ISACA Career Center
Additionally, ISACA International hosts the ISACA Career Center site. The ISACA Career Center is another source for IT audit and information security professionals. Designations and experience are highlighted for employers, providing a special opportunity for those interested in hiring CISA®, CISM®, CGEIT®, or CRISC™ holders and applicants with COBIT® experience.